Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change

From: Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: danny <dinesh4202001(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: server doesn't listen postgresql 9.1 after service change
Date: 2015-04-28 05:47:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:42 PM, danny <dinesh4202001(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
Hi Danny,

1)

Harshad,

> Thanks for the reply I did check logs and now its working I did change
> services butnow I want to know how can I establish connection
> between client machine to server

Run the following command from cmd by *cd C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\bin* directory of postgresql

psql -h ip address dbserver -U username -d dbname -p port

Ex:

psql -h 192.168.0.110 -U postgres -d postgres -p 5432 (From
other system ip entry should be present in pg_hba.conf of postgresql)

psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres -d postgres -p 5432 (From
localhost/ same system)

2)

and how I know if PostgreSQL is running under same service I mentioned
> still it is asking for default password which I have
> given during installation

Is it asking password for service or while connecting to psql terminal ?

For psql terminal it will ask password because it is md5 is default
security in postgresql server.

Following PostgreSQL Document link will help you to solve your problems

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/index.html

Hope above solution will solve your problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Harshad Adalkonda