Re: pg_largeobjects

From: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)lisasoft(dot)com>
To: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_largeobjects
Date: 2013-09-12 00:25:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey,

This does work, but as I'm using DEFAULT PRIVs to give access to tables it
becomes a (the only) step which can't be done at schema creation time and
has to be done at data insertion time.

It feels to me that ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES should be extended to support
large objects (either by default from the table permissions or as a new
GRANT option). Thoughts on this?

Cheers,

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P* (03) 8370 8000 * **W* www.lisasoft.com *F*(03) 8370 8000

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or