Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms

From: Yuriy Zhuravlev <stalkerg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut(dot)holzgraefe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Date: 2018-04-30 02:01:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> this is not about having a working build environment, it is about having
> a fully working and correct source tarball before distributing it as a
> new release.

Sorry, I did not understand correctly it before.
I suppose it's not big problem especial if you have CI and tests farm.
And anyway in Postgres distcheck is handmade code and you can make the same
script for CMake too:
https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake/blob/cmake/GNUmakefile.in#L111

and it's not working for windows. ;)
You should forget about Postgres as common Autotools project.