Re: ]GTK 3

From: Björn Harrtell <bjorn(dot)harrtell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ]GTK 3
Date: 2016-01-15 13:12:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Björn Harrtell
> <bjorn(dot)harrtell(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Björn Harrtell <
> bjorn(dot)harrtell(at)gmail(dot)com>
> agree

> blame
> theme
> >>
> >> Well the same applies in a more default theme if you use a dark
> >> background. I guess the answer is to say "don't do that then" - I'd
> >> certainly prefer not to have pgAdmin try to second guess what colours
> >> might work against whatever the theme has for the current text colour.
> >

> > Agreed. But what about saving the color only when making an active
> choice so
> > that the current system window background color is used until the user
> have
> > customized the color?
>
> That seems perfectly reasonable.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

To follow up, it seems it will be quite a long road before mainstream
distributions can use wx3 with GTK3. Longer explanation available here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freewx-maint/2016-January/001751.html

So it seems in short term the only thing worth doing is upgrading to wx3,
built against GTK2 as usual for the Linux build. Please let me know if
there is anything I can do to make that happen.

/Björn