PG8.3->10 migration data differences

From: Csaba Ragasits <ragasits(dot)csaba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG8.3->10 migration data differences
Date: 2018-09-10 08:22:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We would like to migrate our old databases to new postgres server, with the
simple backup-restore process. The process run fine without errors but when
we're checking the source and the migrated datas as field level, we found
the following differences:

For example:

Field type: TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE NOT NULL
pg93: 2015-08-28 21:25:07.70
pg10: 2015-08-28 21:25:07.7

Field type: REAL
pg93: 2.2
pg10: 2.20000005

When I check the 8.3 pg_dump file, it contains the pg83 correct values.

Do you have any ideas, why different this values?

Thx,
Csaba