Re: Protocol buffer support for Postgres

From: Flavius Anton <f(dot)v(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Protocol buffer support for Postgres
Date: 2016-06-24 18:23:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Flavius Anton <f(dot)v(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Flavius Anton <f(dot)v(dot)anton(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd love to talk more about this.
>>
>> I thought quite a bit about this a few years ago but never really
>> picked up it to work on.

Any other thoughts on this? My guess is that it might be an important
addition to Postgres that can attract even more users, but I am not
sure if there's enough interest from the community. If I want to pick
this task, how should I move forward? Do I need to write a design
document or similar or should I come up with a patch that implements a
draft prototype? I am new to this community and don't know the code
yet, so I'd appreciate some guidance from an older, more experienced
member.

Thanks.

--
Flavius