Re: Fault injection framework

From: Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Fault injection framework
Date: 2019-09-06 13:22:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:57 PM Asim R P <apraveen(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 12:35 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
wrote:

> > Things like exec_fault_injector_command() need to be more documented.
> > It is hard to guess what it is being used for.
>
> Added a comment to explain things a bit. Hope that helps. And as
mentioned above, I'm working on a test case to demonstrate this feature.

After learning a bit of Perl, I have a TAP test to share. The test
validates that a commit on master waits until a synchronous standby has
flushed WAL up to or greater than the commit LSN. The test demonstrates
remote faultinjector interface to inject a fault on standby. That's where
exec_fault_injector_command() and related code is exercised.

Patch summary:
0001 - the original fault injector patch up thread with remote fault
injection capability
0006 - TAP test that makes use of the remote fault injector API
Patches 0002-0005 are not included because they are not changed.

Asim

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Framework-to-inject-faults-from-SQL-tests.patch application/octet-stream 61.9 KB
v2-0006-TAP-test-to-demonstrate-remote-fault-injector-int.patch application/octet-stream 6.7 KB