Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux

From: Rama Krishnan <ramky25(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Default UID for postgres user in linux
Date: 2014-04-15 04:18:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks all,

Actually I am trying to setup a postgres failover using common setup.

I.e,
A postgres data directory is stored in central location.
Two postgres uses the same location
If One postgres down and the other will start....

The problem is, If the postgres users in the two machines has different
UID's then i need to change ownership of data directory every time -- which
takes long time
If din't change ownership of data directory then i am getting access denied
errors ..

So if the both users have same UID's then there is no issue.

--
--Regards
RAMAKRISHNAN KANDASAMY