Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Date: 2012-07-17 18:10:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm wondering about that. However, the database server and the server
doing the bulk loads are on the same subnet. Traceroute shows only a
single hop. Traceroute and ping both show reply times in the area of .25 -
.50 ms or so. Is that reasonable?

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

<http://www.rrdonnelley.com/>