Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
Date: 2020-08-17 19:30:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 17:07, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Anyway, I am personally very excited for the PostgreSQL 13 release :)

Yes, looks good.

Some thematic changes would be useful for this release text:

1. Parallel vacuuming is mentioned first and its probably not the
biggest thing we have here.

2. Many of the changes relate directly to large database support
* Partitioning changes
* Hash Agg
* Stats improvements
* Btree dedupe
won't be noticed by people with smaller databases, but those with
larger databases will find those changes dramatic, taken together. As
a result, I recommend that we highlight this group of changes and
describe the use case they improve, so they can be appreciated better
in context.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
Mission Critical Databases