Re: DBT-3 with SF=20 got failed

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DBT-3 with SF=20 got failed
Date: 2015-08-19 15:06:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19 August 2015 at 14:53, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > On 19 August 2015 at 12:55, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
> >> Please don't be rush. :-)
>
> > Please explain what rush you see?
>
> Yours. You appear to be in a hurry to apply patches that there's no
> consensus on.

I think that comment is unreasonable.

The problem was reported 2 months ago; following independent confirmation
of the proposed patch, I suggested committing it, with these words:

"If there are no objections, I will apply the patch for 2) to HEAD and
backpatch to 9.5."

I was clearly waiting for objections before acting, to test whether there
was consensus or not.

Please explain what procedure you would like committers to follow?

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>