Re: Improving replay of XLOG_BTREE_VACUUM records

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Vladimir Borodin <root(at)simply(dot)name>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improving replay of XLOG_BTREE_VACUUM records
Date: 2016-03-10 08:50:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10 March 2016 at 06:27, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:29 AM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> >> Ah, interesting, glad to hear. I take it you're pushing your patch
> >> soon, then?
> >
> > ISTM that this patch should be "returned with feedback" or "rejected"
> based
> > on the thread. I'm marking it "waiting for author" for the time being.
>
> I think that we are still waiting for some input from Simon here...
> Simon, are you going to finish wrapping up your other patch?

Yes, I have done the research, so think patch should be rejected now.

Thanks to everyone for their input. It's good to have alternate approaches.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>