Re: Syncing Data to Production DB Server

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Syncing Data to Production DB Server
Date: 2011-08-19 13:34:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, sure.
I have already used it. You have to create database connections to both of
your databases. Then create a job to sync data per table as per your needs.
It should not be too hard. Once you job is created then test it for any
errors. If required you have to use data transformations. Once your test
succeed, you can deploy it to java based application server. You can get
more details about it from Talend's documentation. You can also run your job
manually whenever you add data to your demo database. It will be not too
hard.
You can also use stored functions on you demo database to send the updated
data to your main database by using dblink. When ever you update data in
demo db, you can execute these function(s) to update data in main db.

Hope that will be helpful.
Regards,

Chaitany Kulkarni