Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal

From: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wired if-statement in gen_partprune_steps_internal
Date: 2021-03-04 22:50:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 11:03 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Sorry, this seems to have totally slipped my mind.
>
> Attached is the patch I had promised.
>
> Also, I have updated the title of the CF entry to "Some cosmetic
> improvements of partition pruning code", which I think is more
> appropriate.
>
> --
> Amit Langote
> EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Thank you. The updated patch passes installcheck-world. I ran a handful
of test queries with a small number of partitions and observed the same
plans before and after the patch. I cannot speak to the quality of the
code, though am happy to test any additional use cases that should be
verified.

Ryan Lambert