Anyone have experience benchmarking very high effective_io_concurrency on NVME's?

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
Subject: Anyone have experience benchmarking very high effective_io_concurrency on NVME's?
Date: 2017-10-31 07:05:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi;

After Andres's excellent talk at PGConf we tried benchmarking
effective_io_concurrency on some of our servers and found that those which
have a number of NVME storage volumes could not fill the I/O queue even at
the maximum setting (1000).

Before we start benchmarking patched versions of PostgreSQL to bump this
setting up to ever higher values, I am wondering if anyone has done this
yet and if so if you would be willing to share results.

--
Best Regards,
Chris Travers

Tel: +49 162 9037 210 | Skype: einhverfr | www.adjust.com