Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Date: 2019-03-06 08:42:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 9:33 AM Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
wrote:

>> Thoughts?

To re-iterate, my experience with PostgreSQL is that people doing
particularly exotic work in PostgreSQL can expect to hit equally exotic
bugs. I have a list that I will not bore people with here.

I think there is a general consensus here that creating extensions in temp
schemas is something we would like to support. So I think we should fix
these bugs before we make it easy to do. And this patch addresses one of
those.

--