Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value

From: Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value
Date: 2023-07-05 14:49:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I like the idea of having a standard function which shows a TOAST value ID
for a row. I've used my own to handle TOAST errors. Just, maybe, more
correct
name would be "...value_id", because you actually retrieve valueid field
from the TOAST pointer, and chunk ID consists of valueid + chunk_seq.

--
Regards,
Nikita Malakhov