Re: collect_corrupt_items_vacuum.patch

From: Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Daniel Shelepanov <deniel1495(at)mail(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: collect_corrupt_items_vacuum.patch
Date: 2022-11-07 13:30:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers!

Daniel is busy with other tasks. I've found this topic and this problem
seems to be actual
or v15 too.
Please correct me if I am wrong. I've checked another discussion related to
pg_visibility [1].
According to discussion: if using latest completed xid is not right for
checking visibility, than
it should be the least running transaction xid? So it must be another
function to be used for
these calculations, not the GetOldestNonRemovableTransactionId that uses
the ComputeXidHorizons.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/c0610352-8433-ab4b-986d-0e803c628efe%40postgrespro.ru

--