Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tomasz Rybak <tomasz(dot)rybak(at)post(dot)pl>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pglogical_output - a general purpose logical decoding output plugin
Date: 2015-11-20 03:16:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 19 November 2015 at 03:42, Tomasz Rybak <tomasz(dot)rybak(at)post(dot)pl> wrote:

I've just skimmed through the patch.
> As you removed 9.4 compatibility - are mentions of 9.4 and 9.5
> compatibility needed in README.md and README.plhooks?

Thanks. Removed.

Here's a v3 patch. Changes since v2:

- fix stray braces in commit json output
- significantly expand pg_regress tests
- quote all json keys
- validate all json in tests
- decode json startup message to a table
- filter out mutable keys in json startup message
- troubleshooting section of README covers using json
- documentation copy editing

Full patch against master attached. Diff since v2 at

https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/postgres/compare/pglogical-output-v2...2ndQuadrant:pglogical-output-v3

While the downstream client using the binary protocol is still too WIP, the
json support is useful for all sorts of apps. It has all the same support
for hooks and filtering, origin information, etc. I'd love to hear from
anyone who's trying it out.

SGML conversion of docs still WIP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-contrib-pglogical_output-a-logical-decoding-plug.patch text/x-patch 230.1 KB