Redefining inet_net_ntop

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Redefining inet_net_ntop
Date: 2018-01-26 03:24:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi folks

port.h declares inet_net_ntop and we always compile our own
from port/inet_net_ntop.c .

But it's part of -lresolv on Linux, and more importantly, it's declared in
<inet/arpa.h>.

Should we be using our own if the OS has it? I'm thinking of adding a test
to configure and omitting our own version if configure finds it. Objections?