Re: database corruption

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: oliverst(at)online(dot)de
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database corruption
Date: 2016-02-17 07:58:00
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12 February 2016 at 17:56, Oliver Stöneberg <oliverst(at)online(dot)de> wrote:

> A few weeks ago we already had a data corruption when the disk was
> full. There are other services running on the same machine that could
> cause the disk to fill up (e.g. local chaching when the network is
> acting up). It happened a few times so far but the database was never
> compromised. In that case thought it was but fortunately we only lost
> a huge table/toast (300+ GB) that has very verbose data stored which
> is not essential. That happened with an earlier 9.4 version.

What remedial action was taken to restore the database to normal
functionality at this time?

Is the current database a direct descendant of the one that was corrupted
here? i.e. has it had a complete dump, initdb and restore since then, or
not?

Unfortunately we don't have a recent backup of the database (a tool

Read and act on https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Corruption immediately.