Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-10-07 09:07:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25 September 2015 at 14:29, Michael Paquier

> I also arrived at the conclusion that it would be
> better to place the new package file in src/test/perl instead of
> src/test/recovery to allow any users of the TAP tests to have it in their
> PERL5LIB path and to be able to call the new routines to create and
> manipulate nodes.

While it's Python not Perl, you might find it interesting that support
for the replication protocol is being added to psycopg2, the Python
driver for PostgreSQL. I've been reviewing the patch at
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/pull/322 .

I'm using it to write protocol validation for a logical decoding
plugin at the moment, so that the decoding plugin's output can be
validated in a consistent way for easily controlled inputs.

Perhaps it's worth teaching DBD::Pg to do this? Or adopting psycopg2
for some optional protocol tests...