Re: First SVG graphic

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: juergen(at)purtz(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First SVG graphic
Date: 2018-11-29 03:48:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 at 01:33, Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de> wrote:

> After one week no response at all? Neither positive nor negative. It
> seems that the community has little interest in the SVG issue. Or in my
> suggestion?

I'm excited you're doing it. I thought it was part of an existing/ongoing
discussion and didn't really have much to say. I think it's a vital step
forward and we really need to get some graphics into Pg.

Personally I want to let go a bit of the diff-able, merge-able requirements
and accept that not everything plays well when hand written. I got tired of
the arguments that seemed to require that no tool written since 1972 could
be used in our source tree lest SunOS 0.9.ancient have a fit, or someone
find a (gasp) binary in a diff.

So good on you for getting positive action rolling.