Re: Stopping logical replication protocol

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Vladimir Gordiychuk <folyga(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Stopping logical replication protocol
Date: 2016-08-25 01:22:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25 August 2016 at 03:26, Vladimir Gordiychuk <folyga(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi. It has already passed a few months but patch still have required review
> state. Can I help to speed up the review, or should i wait commitfest?
> I plane complete changes in pgjdbc drive inside PR
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/550 but PR blocked current problem
> with not available stop logical replication.

The latest patch is the updated one I posted, which was the part of
yours that allowed return to command mode when logical decoding is
idle.

If you want to submit an updated version of the second patch, with the
callback to allow logical decoding cancellation during
ReorderBufferCommit, that'd be handy, but I don't think it's as
important as the first one.

As far as I'm concerned the first patch is ready. Please take a look
and verify that you're happy with my updates and test the updated
patch. I'll mark it ready to go if you are. It's linked to at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/10/621/ .