Re: patch: function xmltable

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch: function xmltable
Date: 2016-09-12 04:36:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12 September 2016 at 12:28, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> I'll take a closer read-through shortly.

>DEFAULT
> isn't a normal literal, it's an xpath expression evaluated at the same
> time as the rowexpression.

Sorry for the spam, but turns out that's not the case as implemented
here. The docs you referenced say it should be an xpath expression,
but the implementation here is of a literal value, and examples
elsewhere on the Internet show a literal value. Unclear if the
referenced docs are wrong or what and I don't have anything to test
with.

Feel free to fix/trim the DEFAULT related changes in above docs patch as needed.

Also, tests/docs should probably cover what happens when PATH matches
more than one element, i.e. produces a list of more than one match.