Re: Replication slot xmin is not reset if HS feedback is turned off while standby is shut down

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ants Aasma <ants(dot)aasma(at)eesti(dot)ee>
Subject: Re: Replication slot xmin is not reset if HS feedback is turned off while standby is shut down
Date: 2017-01-02 14:24:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2 Jan. 2017 20:20, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

On 21 December 2016 at 13:23, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Fix it up and I'll commit. Thanks for the report.

I was hoping for some more effort from Ants to correct this.

I'll commit Craig's new tests for hs feedback before this, so it can
go in with a Tap test, so I imagine we're about a week away from
commit on this.

I posted a revised version of Ants's patch that passes the shell script
test.

A TAP test would likely make sene though, I agree.