Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1

From: Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Subject: Re: Add PGDLLEXPORT to PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1
Date: 2016-10-13 12:32:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 13 Oct. 2016 05:28, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at> writes:
>
> >> Here is a patch for that, including an attempt to improve the comment.
>
> > Pushed with some further twiddling of the comment.
>
> Well, the buildfarm doesn't like that even a little bit. It seems that
> the MSVC compiler does not like seeing both "extern Datum foo(...)" and
> "extern PGDLLEXPORT Datum foo(...)", so anything that had an extern in
> a .h file is failing. There is also quite a bit of phase-of-the-moon
> behavior in here, because in some cases some functions are raising errors
> and others that look entirely the same are not.

Pretty sure we discussed and did exactly this before around 9.4. Will check
archives...

Yeah. Here's the thread.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/27019(dot)1397571477%40sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us#27019(dot)1397571477(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us

I think the discussion last time came down to you and I disagreeing about
Microsoft droppings too ;)