Re: Fwd: Re: [CORE] temporal tables (SQL2011)

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Stefan Scheid <ssc(at)4braincells(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [CORE] temporal tables (SQL2011)
Date: 2016-11-08 07:11:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 November 2016 at 05:08, Stefan Scheid <ssc(at)4braincells(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> are there plans to introduce temporal tables?
>
> I don't know of anybody working on them, but someone else may. Try
searching the list archives.

PostgreSQL development happens because people who want features step up and
either implement them or convince someone else to implement what they need.
The roadmap, such as it is, is "what the contributors and their various
customers want".

If this is important to you, look into what you need to do to make it
happen.