Re: BDR with postgres 9.5

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Vik Fearing <vik(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Nikhil <nikhilsmenon(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BDR with postgres 9.5
Date: 2016-01-22 08:51:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 22 January 2016 at 04:24, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Vik Fearing <vik(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
> > On 01/20/2016 11:41 AM, Nikhil wrote:
> >> Hello All,
> >>

> >> What is the timeline for BDR with postgres 9.5 released version.
> >
> > Currently there are no plans for BDR with 9.5.
> > https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/bdr/issues/157#issuecomment-172402366
>
> 9.6 looks like a possibility though. I have big plans for BDR
> personally, but for various reasons need to lay it on top of a stock
> postgres.

Yeah. 9.6 is the goal right now, with it built around pglogical and
(hopefully) stock 9.6 to make it more maintainable and modular.

If you want BDR on 9.6, help with getting sequence access methods
committed, the logical decoding for sequences patch, and/or failover slots
would be valuable since they are all going to be important for BDR on 9.6.
If you want to use it please help make it happen.