Is there any way to access heap_open() from _PG_init ??

From: Sairam Gaddam <gaddamsairam(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there any way to access heap_open() from _PG_init ??
Date: 2017-05-12 06:46:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello people,

I was trying to build an extension(Index related) on top of postgres.

During startup (_PG_init), I need to access some meta info of
table/relation (like PK Column Position, FK Column Positions, Index Column
Positions etc...) and load it into memory.

To accomplish that, In _PG_init() function, I tried to use the function
heap_open() so that I can get the necessary table/relation info from that
relation object, But I was not able to use, and the program is waiting in
the heap_open() function indefinitely and postgres quits! Why am I not able
to access?

Any workaround to access table relation object/Any way to get that info by
some other means?

Thanks,
Sai Ram