Re: Range Merge Join v1

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Range Merge Join v1
Date: 2017-04-11 07:17:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Version 2 attached. Fixed a few issues, expanded tests, added docs.

A simple performance test (script attached) shows about a 5X
improvement when comparing against a nested loop with an inner
index-only scan over a gist index.

Even better, this doesn't require an index, so it will work even if
the input relations are subqueries.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size