Unable to Connect to server

From: LALIT KUMAR <lalit(dot)jss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to Connect to server
Date: 2012-01-20 07:10:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I am running postgres on my local machine with pgadmin3.

It was working fine till yesterday.

Today when I tried to connect to server it asked for password which I
usually won't and gave the message

"Could not connect to server : connection refused. Is the server running
on local host and accepting connection on port 5432."

I have seen postgresql.conf , everthing seems fine with it.

Now I am stuck. Need help with this

Lalit Kumar