Re: Partition Check not updated when insert into a partition

From: Nitin Jadhav <nitinjadhavpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partition Check not updated when insert into a partition
Date: 2021-08-27 14:46:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have reviewed the patch and it looks good to me. However I have one comment.

+ foreach(l, attachrel_children)
+ {
+ Oid partOid = lfirst_oid(l);
+
+ CacheInvalidateRelcacheByRelid(partOid);
+ }

Can we avoid using the extra variable 'partOid' and directly pass
'lfirst_oid(l)' to CacheInvalidateRelcacheByRelid().

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Jadhav