Re: PosgreSQL Security Architecture

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lesley Kimmel <lesley(dot)j(dot)kimmel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PosgreSQL Security Architecture
Date: 2016-02-16 19:15:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:20 AM, Lesley Kimmel
<lesley(dot)j(dot)kimmel(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Laurenz. Of course the first thing that I thought of to
> prevent man-in-the-middle was SSL. However, I also like to try to address
> the issue in a way that seems to get at what they are intending. It seemed
> to me that they wanted to do some configuration within the database related
> to session IDs.

As far as server configuration, you can configure your server to only
accept ssl connections in pg_hba.conf. You should also configure your
clients to do sslmode=verify-full on the ssl certificate sent to them
by the server (which is not the default).

Cheers,

Jeff