Re: Building on MinGW

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW
Date: 2013-03-04 18:53:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 1:32 AM, Pavel Golub <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com> wrote:

> JJ> I've put up a wiki page:
>
> JJ> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Building_With_MinGW
>
> Jeff, I think inromation about installing dependencies should be added
> to this Wiki. At least zlib and openssl are "must have" for libpq, psql and
> pg_dump\pg_restore

Hi Pavel,

That would be a good idea, but alas I have no idea how to do those things.
For anyone who does know, I would invite you to add those instructions to
the wiki. I made the Wiki page only because I grew tired of searching the
archives for Andrew's instructions, not because I am an expert on the topic.

Thanks,

Jeff