Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Anssi Kääriäinen <anssi(dot)kaariainen(at)thl(dot)fi>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT {UPDATE | IGNORE}
Date: 2014-12-16 19:08:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:

> > Maybe IGNORE is defined as a macro in MinGW?
> > Try s/IGNORE/IGNORE_P/g throughout the patch.
>
> BTW, the gcc -E flag does this. So figure out what exact arguments
> MinGW's gcc is passed in the ordinary course of compiling gram.c, and
> prepend "-E" to the list of existing flags while manually executing
> gcc -- that should let you know exactly what's happening here.

Yep, I tried that trick and had decided it didn't work in MinGW. But I
think it was a user error--I must have somehow broken up the build tree and
'make' didn't detect the problem. Now I see that IGNORE is getting turned
to 0.

Your new version 1.7 of the patches fixes that issue, as well as the OID
conflict.

Thanks,

Jeff