operator_precedence_warning vs make installcheck

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: operator_precedence_warning vs make installcheck
Date: 2017-02-15 02:19:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck fails against a server running with
operator_precedence_warning
= on.

The difference is in update.out, and consists of an error-locating carat
getting moved over by one position. I've attached the regression diff.

I don't know why the setting of this GUC causes the carat to move around,
that seems odd. If it can't be fixed at the source, it should be easy
enough to just override the setting in update.sql.

Cheers,

Jeff

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs application/octet-stream 1.1 KB