CREATE SUBSCRIPTION log noise

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2017-06-21 02:54:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think this should go away:

ereport(NOTICE,
(errmsg("created replication slot \"%s\" on
publisher",
slotname)));

It doesn't appear to be contingent on anything other than the content of
the command you just gave it. I don't think we need a NOTICE saying that
it did that thing I just told it to do--that should be implicit by the lack
of an ERROR.

Cheers,

Jeff