Re: logical column ordering

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical column ordering
Date: 2015-03-13 19:13:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> attached is the result of my first attempt to make the logical column
> ordering patch work. This touches a lot of code in the executor that is
> mostly new to me, so if you see something that looks like an obvious
> bug, it probably is (so let me know).

There is an apply conflict in src/backend/parser/parse_relation.c in the
comments for scanRTEForColumn.

It seems like it should be easy to ignore, but when I ignore it I get make
check failing all over the place.

(The first patch posted in this thread seems to work for me, I did some
testing on it before I realized it was obsolete.)

Cheers,

Jeff