debugging SSL connection problems

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: debugging SSL connection problems
Date: 2017-07-10 21:19:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to get libpq to hand over the certificate it gets from the
server, so I can inspect it with other tools that give better diagnostic
messages? I've tried to scrape it out of the output of "strace -s8192",
but since it is binary it is difficult to figure out where it begins and
ends within the larger server response method.

Thanks,

Jeff