Re: What to call an executor node which lazily caches tuples in a hash table?

From: Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What to call an executor node which lazily caches tuples in a hash table?
Date: 2021-03-31 22:22:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Does anyone else like the name "Tuple Cache"?
I personally like that name best.

It makes sense to me when thinking about looking at an EXPLAIN and trying
to understand why this node may be there. The way we look up the value
stored in the cache doesn't really matter to me as a user, I'm more
thinking about the reason the node is there in the first place, which Tuple
Cache conveys...at least for me.