Re: Implementation of Flashback Query

From: Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Implementation of Flashback Query
Date: 2018-10-17 19:00:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is something I'm very interested in. Very helpful for fixing mistakes
you didn't realize in time.

One question, would it be possible to allow this to be able to be
configured on a hot standby and not the master?

That would be very helpful by being able to keep some arbitrary length of
extra data on a replica which does not have to be kept on the primary
server, thus not impacting performance.

Just a thought I had and was not sure if it was even feasible.

Happy to see work happening on this though.

-Adam