Reg. GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS values to be stored in a single variable

From: Maheswaran R <rmaheswaranmca(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reg. GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS values to be stored in a single variable
Date: 2022-04-07 10:00:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Sir/madam,
While exception handling, we have to write multiple repeated lines in each
function to handle the GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS values. it would be better
if all items in the diagnostics may be assigned to a single
variable/object.
at least like
GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS v_state := RETURNED_SQLSTATE || MESSAGE_TEXT ||
PG_EXCEPTION_DETAIL || PG_EXCEPTION_HINT || PG_EXCEPTION_CONTEXT;

Now we have to declare more than 5 variables to store the GET STACKED
DIAGNOSTICS values and pass it to another function to record the error log.
if it is in a single variable/object then it will reduce the code.
--
Ragards
Maheswaran R