Do we need to pass down nonnullable_vars when reducing outer joins?

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Do we need to pass down nonnullable_vars when reducing outer joins?
Date: 2022-09-13 07:00:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

AFAICS, the Vars forced nonnullable by given clause are only used to
check if we can reduce JOIN_LEFT to JOIN_ANTI, and it is checking the
join's own quals there. It seems to me we do not need to pass down
nonnullable_vars by upper quals to the children of a join.

Attached is a patch to remove the pass-down of nonnullable_vars.

Thanks
Richard

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Don-t-pass-down-nonnullable_vars-when-reducing-ou.patch application/octet-stream 6.1 KB