Re: Making Vars outer-join aware

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Finnerty, Jim" <jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Making Vars outer-join aware
Date: 2023-01-30 09:56:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 4:38 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Richard, are you planning to review this any more? I'm getting
> a little antsy to get it committed. For such a large patch,
> it's surprising it's had so few conflicts to date.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't have any more review comments at
the moment, except a nitpicking one.

In optimizer/README at line 729 there is a query as

SELECT * FROM a
LEFT JOIN (SELECT * FROM b WHERE b.z = 1) ss ON (a.x = b.y)
WHERE a.x = 1;

I think it should be

SELECT * FROM a
LEFT JOIN (SELECT * FROM b WHERE b.z = 1) ss ON (a.x = ss.y)
WHERE a.x = 1;

I have no objection to get it committed.

Thanks
Richard