Using test_ddl_deparse as an extension

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Using test_ddl_deparse as an extension
Date: 2018-07-25 13:17:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am interested in using the exact functionality in test_ddl_deparse which
provides the sub command types for alter table statements. I would prefer
to leverage this code which has already been vetted by the community, and
also not just duplicate this code myself, or package it up myself.

It would be nice to just use the extension. But I'm interested to hear
what recommendations could be given for my use case (for that matter - what
is the recommendation to anyone wanting to use the exact functionality
provided in a postgres test module).

My specific intention is for sending DDL via logical replication, and
ignoring, for example, enable/disable trigger statements when I am using
selective replication.

Many thanks!
Jeremy