Logical replication to partitioned subscriber

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Logical replication to partitioned subscriber
Date: 2018-09-14 19:05:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are there any plans to support logical replication to a table which is only
partitioned on the subscriber? We are very interested in such a feature
for a couple use cases. We are using logical replication for archiving
data and we only want it partitioned on the archive server, and we want it
to just work transparently with logical replication.

Another use case is to convert a huge OLTP database table to be
partitioned, and as opposed to writing a script, use logical replication to
replicate to a destination replica which has the partitioning work done
online, then swap nodes.

We are using pglogical, but I see from the docs that the same limitations
apply even in pg11's built-in logical replication.

Thanks!
Jeremy