Re: How to use set/reset role in contrib_regression test?

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: How to use set/reset role in contrib_regression test?
Date: 2017-12-08 15:20:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is my version:

PostgreSQL 9.6.6 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5)
4.7.2, 64-bit

Indeed it is possible my extension is messing up the behavior because event
triggers are firing on the CREATE events. But there is no SET ROLE
happening in the event triggers.

Perhaps one of the more interesting things happening is there is the
pglogical c function pglogical.replicate_ddl_command that is being called.
I do see some interesting things happening with roles here, specifically
this:
https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pglogical/blob/REL1_2_STABLE/pglogical_apply.c#L1699-L1704

Added Craig Ringer to the discussion in case he has any ideas on if that
could be a factor.