Is it possible to get query_string value in an event trigger?

From: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is it possible to get query_string value in an event trigger?
Date: 2017-05-22 18:18:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello. Is it possible to get the currently executing query in an event
trigger, for example, a create table event trigger function firing after
ddl_command_end, aside from checking pg_stat_activity for the current
process?

When I am debugging the source code, after executing a statement I can see
the variable query_string which has the entire SQL statement, however, I
would be very interested if it's possible to get this query_string value in
a c function called during an event trigger, for a given process, or if by
that time the memory has been freed and/or it's just not possible for some
other reason to get the query string of a particular process.

Any thoughts much appreciated.