Hstore OID bigger than an integer

From: Roberto Mireles <roberto(dot)mireles(at)42-q(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hstore OID bigger than an integer
Date: 2019-08-23 13:58:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello team,

This is the first time I post here, if you can provide some help, would be
much appreciated.

I have an application that can not access the database due to OID value for
hstore extension is bigger than an integer value. Application uses a NpgSql
driver that only supports integer types for OIDs.

We have a new app version, which uses a new driver version that supports
bigint and has no issues at all, but for that specific database, we still
need to use that old version of the app.

I have searched for a workaround or something that can help us to be able
to connect to the database, but have not found anything related.

I also tried by dropping, creating extension again, but same result.

Does any of you know any workaround that can help here?

We are using postgresql 9.2.24.

Thanks.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints
thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS
E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING. Notwithstanding the
Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law
of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments
hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a
contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, 42Q (or any of
its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.